Thursday 7 June 2012

Beaded Wrap Bracelet Tutorial

If you love the bracelet that Spencer gave to Louise on Made in Chelsea, but can't afford a real Chan Luu, why not make one yourself?




They are really easy to do, and this great You-Tube tutorial will show you everything you need to know.

To make one like Louise's, go for turquoise beads with dark brown leather.  Natural coloured gemstones and silver or gold are bang on trend this summer.
For a great choice of leather cord in lovely summery colours, visit Beads Unlimited.

The best thing about it is you don't need expensive equipment, just leather cord, thread, needle, beads, a button and a clip board and clips.

I'm going to make some soon.  I'll post photos as soon as I have.

Update:
At last, I have had time to do some jewellery making.  The first one is my take on Louise's bracelet.  It is a two-wrap bracelet using faux turquoise beads and dark brown leather.



The following pictures show a five-wrap version of the bracelet using Miyuki cubes.  To make it easier, I joined all the cubes together in a long strip, using brick stitch, before attaching it between the two leather cords.





Once you get started it is quite easy to do and it is very satisfying seeing it getting longer and longer.  I hope you'll be inspired to give it a go.



No comments:

Post a Comment