Saturday 28 January 2012

Upcycled Jewellery

Like many schools these days, our pupils do a lesson per week called options.  For nearly ten years now, I have been running a beaded jewellery option which has always been quite popular, but to be honest, I am getting a bit bored of it.

Anyway, last Thursday at my craft club meeting, we were going through a couple of bags of jewellery that we had been given to see if any of it was worth selling.  A lot of the pieces were either broken or not very attractive and there was a bag of unwanted jewellery at the end.  Rather than see it go to waste, I have decided to run an option on Upcycled Jewellery.  Upcycling is the art of reusing unwanted items by converting them into something better.

I am hoping that we will have hours of fun rummaging through the pile and creating beautiful things from what we have found.  I will take before and after photos and post them on the blog.  I can’t wait to see what they will make!

Sam x

1 comment:

  1. Eight students have chosen to upcycle jewellery, including three boys - should be fun!

    ReplyDelete